St. John the Baptist, Galbally

The church at Galbally was built in 1829 for the Vicar of Ballyhogue. It cost 2000 pounds which was provided by J H Talbot of Talbot Hall. It was erected, complete with a tower that was made of wood covered with zinc. The zinc was replaced by copper in the late 1940’s. The first Curate in Galbally in 1829 was Rev Martin Moran. 

Galbally, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford, Y21 AE68 Ireland