Clonmore Church was erected in 1827 in the late English style of architecture, with an embatled tower, and was erected on a site given by Harry Alcock at Ballybuckley on part of the Wilton Castle estate. The first Vicar of Clonmore was Rev Charles Douglas Ogle. When it was decided to build a church there was contention between local Protestant magnates as to the site of the new church. A Mr Shepard of Clonmore wanted it on the old site near his residence and Mr Alcock wished to have it near his castle. The compromise was to build halfway between both places. It is built an English mile from the old site at Clonmore in the townland of Ballybuckley but was given the old parish name of Clonmore. It is the final resting place of well-known historical parish names such as Beatty, Alcock and Lett.
Clonmore ChurchAnnette Brennan2018-09-28T22:50:09+00:00