The Church of the Assumption, Bree was built in 1839 by the then parish priest, Very Rev Philip Devereaux. It is of the Gothic pointed style of architecture and was designed by Pugin. An acre of ground was given rent free forever for the building of the church by Harry Alcock of Wilton Castle in 1837.
Bree Church is just inside the boundary of Clonmore, the old parish. The church was dedicated to the Blessed Virgin under the title of the Assumption. The first baptismal registration was in 1839 and the first mission was held in Bree in 1856. The earliest known pastor to labour at Bree was Fr George Wotton, a Franciscan, between 1688 and 1714.