Bellevue is a beautiful domestic chapel, designed by Pugin. Anthony John Cliffe had this private chapel built in 1859 adjoining his mansion. In 1923, during the Civil War troubles, the mansion was destroyed by fire. Before setting fire to the house, the armed men detached the chapel from the main building, and in this way it was saved from the blaze. The chapel still serves the parishioners of Ballyhogue today.
Bellevue Church, BallyhogueAnnette Brennan2018-09-28T22:52:30+00:00