Ballybrittas Dolmen dates from 1800 B.C. and is therefore easily the oldest man-made building in Co. Wexford. It belongs to a group of megalithic tombs called Portal Dolmens of which there were 2 in Co Wexford. The second one, which is a ruin, is sited at Barmoney, near Galbally in the parish of Bree. Ballybrittas is the classic siting for portal domens – on the side of a hill in a townland close to a river (the Boro). They are called Portal Dolmens because the massive stones holding up the capstone (they weigh from 20 tons to 100 tons) are sometimes arranged to a port or porch.